Join us today and get involved in making a brighter stronger tomorrow for our children.
We are parents and teachers working together to create a positive, learning community at Miles Exploratory Learning Center, a TUSD K-8 school.
Six reasons why you should join Miles ELC Parent Teacher Association:
1. It helps your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school perform better academically and have fewer disciplinary problems. *
2. Improve the school. Last year, the Miles ELC PTA provided monies for field trips, art and garden supplies, reimbursements for teachers. This year we’re already off to a good start adding a rug to the Blue Room which is used by a large number of children across the school, shredders, bulletin boards, and funding the Reading Seed program.
3. Get connected, become informed, take action. PTA isn’t just about fundraising, it’s about advocacy, it’s about community. One single voice doesn’t make a lot of noise, but an organized group pushing for a goal, we can get far!
4. Make friends. The PTA is a diverse group of parents unified by strong interest in enriching their child’s education.
5. Be heard. Have a great idea, heard about a great program, see something you can help us with. Come share your ideas. The PTA is a great forum for exchanging ideas to improve our school.
6. Be a role model. You’ll show your child the value (and fun) of giving back to community.
*http://www.childtrends.org/?indicators=parental-involvement-in-schools accessed 7/28/14
This is not an official TUSD site, and is created and maintained by parent volunteers. Questions can be directed to email@example.com